Dear Upchuckworthy: I am not removing the word crazy from my vocabulary, and your list of alternative words that is circulating Facebook is asinine…(read more at TheBlot magazine).
Wake Up and Smell the Shit: Hilarious Travel Disasters, Monstrous Toilets, and a Demon Dildo, published by Travelers’ Tales (USA) and edited by Kirsten Koza, arrives this autumn in bookstores and of course will be available at all the online booksellers as well. There is a pre-order discount on Amazon if you order now.
Stand back! The 31 tales in this raunchy round-the-world romp might get you dirty.
We’ve all had unspeakable experiences while traveling that we’re ashamed to admit, but these often become our best stories in the retelling. The writers in this collection cast inhibition aside and reveal their weirdest and worst moments and how they made the best of them. And memorable moments in exotic destinations come in all shapes and sizes: insects as big as Pam Anderson’s left tit, regrettable sex, stink-eyed officials, horrible healers, Lady Gaga’s shoes and Madonna’s special meal, trigger-happy militants, and peeping Tom rock stars.
Adventure vicariously as:
- Spud Hilton (not Monty Python) finds the Holy Grail by accident in Spain.
- Meghan Ward squats, and then the toilet grunts back, in Goa.
- Kasha Rigby proved how tough she is on National Geographic’s Ultimate Survival Alaska, but is she a match for a 90-year-old bone breaker in Guatemala?
- Namibians stereotype Chinese men as Bruce Lee—Gerald Yeung wonders if attacking baboons will do the same.
- Keph Senett (hoping not to follow in the footsteps of Pussy Riot) braves bombs, police and a Soviet-era sofa bed to play soccer at the LGBT games in Putin’s Russia.
- Jabba-the-Turd versus Shannon Bradford in an epic showdown in Argentina.
And many more…
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Don’t Push the Button!
KIRSTEN KOZA (Editor)
You Go in the Morning, I Go at Night
You can read my three-part Syrian series at TheBlot Magazine (Wall St. New York).